If you want to start using customer hierarchy when you first set up Fusebill, there are a few steps that need to be done to make sure all data is set up appropriately.
Using Customer Hierarchy
To use customer hierarchy, it needs to be set up in a particular order to be able to link all the appropriate associations. For example, a child customer can not have a parent who is not activated. The following outlines the steps to implement customer hierarchy.
- Import the parent customers using the bulk jobs. When complete, save the results file so that you can use the IDs later. See 4.0 Adding Customers, Subscriptions, and Products into Fusebill.
- Add subscriptions to parent customers you created in step 1. See 4.2 Adding Subscriptions to Customers.
- Activate the parent customers which will also activate and provision subscriptions. See 4.3 Activating Customers.
- Import the child customers using the bulk imports. When downloading the starting file, ensure you select include customer hierarchy. In the starting file, add the customer information along with the parent IDs collected from the results file in step 1. This will associate the child customers with the appropriate parent.
- Add subscriptions to the child customer. See 4.2 Adding Subscriptions to Customers.
- Activate the child customers which will also activate and provision subscriptions. See 4.3 Activating Customers.