After creating customers, you can now add subscriptions to those customers. Note that by not activating the customers, you can add subscriptions with different provisioning dates. This allows you to have subscriptions bill on different days of the month if required.
The following describes the creation of subscriptions on customers using the catolog defaults. Any clients that use different catalog pricing will require Support assistance.
- On the Jobs page, click View Import Jobs.
- On the Import page, click Create Import.
- On the Bulk Import window, select Import Type Customer; then select an Import Action Create and click Next.
- On the Choose an Import File window, click Export starting data file. This file will contain the structure required to import the bulk action.
- Edit the starting file with the values to be updated and save the file. The following is a list of parameters that can be edited in the file.
When you created the customers, you can use the accompanying download file to locate each customer's Fusebill Id.
The reference field can contain your internal Customer Id to better track existing customers once they are in Fusebill.
Company name (Maximum length of 255 characters)
The maximum length of 255 characters
The subscription the customer is subscribing to.
This is the duration of the subscription. If the Interval is Monthly and the NumberOfIntervals is 12, then the subscription is for a 12-month duration billed monthly. A yearly interval with the NumberOfIntervals set to 2 would be a subscription billed yearly, for a 2 years duration.
This is the billing interval for a subscription (Monthly, or Yearly).
You can override the subscription name.
You can override the subscription description.
You can provide a reference.
Contract Start Date (Assign start date to the subscription for reporting).
Contract End Date (Assign end date to the subscription for reporting).
This setting allows you to set when the subscription will begin. When left null, when the customer activates the subscription will begin and begin invoicing. Setting a date to start provision, will Scheduled Activation Timestamp (Configure when this subscription will activate, will still need to be provisioned)
Number of remaining intervals (Control whether this subscription will expire)
- Click Choose File to upload the edited starting data file and click Upload File.
- The file will be validated for structure. Click Record Validation.
- The Record Validation window will display the number of records processed and any errors encountered. Click Import Validated Records.
- On the Import Complete window, processed records and any errors will be displayed.
- Click Download results to obtain the data saved.
- Click Close.
- The subscription will be added to the customer. A subscription on a draft customer will not be active.