The due date of an invoice can be changed by changing the net term. This will change when the customer gets billed and when the status of the invoice changes from due to overdue.
To change the net term on an account
- From the left menu click Settings >Financial >Billing preferences.
- Modify the value for Default Net Terms.
- Click Save.
Note: This will only affect new customers.
To change the net term on the customer level
- Navigate to a customer Overview page.
- On the Default Payment Method section, click Settings.
- On the Payment Options Settings window, under General, modify the Terms value and click Save.
To change the net term on the invoice level
- On a Customer Overview page, in the invoice section click an invoice.
- On the Invoices page, click Details next to an invoice. This can be done for invoices in projected, draft and current.
- On the invoice, in the terms section, modify the value.