The invoice status indicates the status of each invoice and if payment is required. To see an invoice status:-
Click on a customer in the customers tab
Click on invoices and you should see the status of each invoice under the Status column
Below is a list of all possible types of payment status and what they mean:-
- Due – Invoice has been generated and posted but is not yet due
- Overdue – Invoice is past its due date and has an outstanding balance
- Paid – Invoice has no outstanding balance, typically because it has been paid
- Written Off - Invoice has been manually written off in full as an uncollectible expense. Partial write-offs will not result in this status.
- Disputed – Invoice is being disputed. Manually set and removed via the UI. Any disputed invoices are removed from the AR Aging Report.
- Void - All charges have been reversed on this invoice, making a balance due of $0. (Note that partial write-offs that contribute to the balance being $0 will be included in this status.)
see also What Are Status Messages and What Do They Mean? for information on other types of status