If there are any issues with Avalara, you can troubleshoot using the following suggestions:
Verify that Avalara is enabled and configured correctly
- In Fusebill, from the left menu, click Settings >Financial >Taxes.
- When Avalara is configured, a green bar is displayed on the Configuration page:
Missing entries from Fusebill to Avalara for unconfigured nexuses
Fusebill has the ability to skip jurisdictions that it doesn't need to care about. This is enabled when a user clicks Refresh Tax Nexuses on the configuration page.
To remove them and disable this option, click Delete Tax Nexuses.
Note: if you cannot use or find that button, please reach out to Fusebill staff for assistance.
Trouble with billing or finding taxes
- Check the Avalara logs in Fusebill under Settings >Financial >Taxes and click the Logs tab.
- If there are rows marked "Failed" in red, hovering over the ! icon to view additional details.
Some common issues for errors include:
- An invalid address.
- The address in Avalara needs to match addresses found by the postal service.
In these cases, correcting the customer's address will force Fusebill to reference Avalara again and reconfirm the address. If successful, this will unblock the customer and billing will resume.
Note: A report showing any customers flagged as having invalid addresses can be acquired by reaching out to email@example.com