No, when a change is made to a plan in the catalog, such as a plan being retired, the change will not affect customers currently subscribed to that plan. In the case of a plan being retired from the catalog, the plan will simply no longer be available to new subscribers. In the case of a general plan modification, only new subscribers going forward will be affected by the change.
Articles in this section
- How Do I Represent Hierarchical Organizations in Fusebill?
- What Are Status Messages and What Do They Mean?
- How Does Fusebill Integrate With Accounting Systems?
- How Do I Control Charge Timing Using Subscriptions?
- How Does Fusebill Calculate MRR?
- How does Fusebill determine when a customer enters a "Poor Standing" status?
- What is the correct process for completing a refund in Fusebill?
- When a plan is retired from the catalog, are customers who are currently subscribed to that plan affected?
- Can a subscription be re-activated after it has expired?
- Can I edit a customer's account configuration when they are in a Hold, Suspended, or Cancelled state?