Custom Reports Management
Great news! Those of you who are using Fusebill custom reports can now perform routine management tasks directly from the Fusebill Admin UI. This is a win-win for everyone, as it should significantly reduce the backlog and delay for getting report changes made such as:
- Editing or updating the email distribution list
- Changing the schedule
- Re-downloading a previously run report
- Changing the report name
- ...and many others!
Note that the initial configuration and definition of the custom report must still be submitted through Fusebill Support, and is governed by the terms of your Agreement. However, tasks which can now be self-managed through the Fusebill Admin UI (such as those noted above) will no longer be fulfilled by Fusebill Support.
Read all about the new feature at the following link: Custom Reports
Customers using the Fusebill Hierarchy feature will now find that the Parent ID column and identification of Parent Payment Methods are now included in all of the relevant CSV downloads throughout the system. These fields can be used in offline reporting tools such as Excel to provide rolled-up reporting at the parent level.
Fusebill Reporting Update
Due to Fusebill’s explosive growth over the past few months, several customers have noticed delays & time outs within our reporting section of the UI.
We would like to assure you that Fusebill is taking this issue very seriously and we are taking significant steps towards alleviating these problems across our customer base. In addition to various infrastructure-level changes to aid in the scalability of the reporting processes, we have the following initiatives underway:
- In this release, the Earned Revenue report's summary page in the UI has been changed to a "tabbed" format so that the top-level summary loads quickly, while the Product-level details are available on the second tab. We have identified that most customers do not use the Product-level detail in the UI but are rather more interested in obtaining the CSV download. This fix is meant as an interim measure to ensure that customers can get to the CSV download if it's available. (Note that you may still have problems loading the Product tab in some cases depending on the size and scope of that data for your account.)
- In the next release, several of the reports will have undergone a major re-design and re-architecture, as follows:
- The Earned Revenue and Discounts report will be combined into one report. The summary page for this report will focus on tracking a summary of activity during the selected time period, instead of detail at the individual product level (that information will still be accessible in the CSV download for those who need it). This report will also be moved to the new "Export" process introduced for the Reconciliation report in a recent release.
- Similarly, the Deferred Revenue and Deferred Discounts reports will also be combined into a single report and the summary re-positioned as an activity summary for the time period. The CSV download will also be moved to the new Export process.
- The Cash Report summary will also be restructured to show an activity summary, and the CSV download moved to the Export process.
- Look for more of the Monthly Closing reports to be moved to this new structure as well as improvements to the CSV process for Customers and Subscriptions over the coming releases.
Note that the changes to the Earned and Deferred Revenue reports mean that the format of these CSV downloads will change significantly from current formats. Any automated processes that rely on those report formats will need to be modified to accommodate the new formats.
#21709: API should generate an error if a shipping address is specified without a billing address
#21875: Subscription products grid with 1000's of tracked items produces a timeout