Displaying Tracked Items on Invoices
For those who manage a large number of tracked items (for example, serial numbers, user names, etc.), there is a new display option for how to present them on your customers' invoices. You can now choose to have those tracked items displayed on a separate page so they do not clutter up the "main" invoice page.
New Address Management - Billing and Shipping
We have made some improvements to how Fusebill manages addresses for billing and shipping to your customers.
- It is now possible for you to choose whether to require a full address or not when entering customer information. There is both an account setting and a customer override for both billing and shipping. See Configuring Address Defaults for more information. (Note, current tenants will have this setting defaulted to "On" which is current system behavior; if you wish to change your default you can change it at the account level under the Settings page.)
- If you choose not to enforce full addresses, you can also now type in any arbitrary string for country and state in both billing and shipping address. (Customer Properties: Addresses)
- These settings will be respected and enforced in hosted registration pages, the customer self-serve portal, and via the API as well.
Tax Reporting Improvements
- The Taxes Payable report's CSV download now includes Invoice number and status information for all taxes charged. This information will allow you to remit your taxes based only on invoices in "Paid" status if you choose to do so.
- If you are using Avalara and some of your tax rules are at the county level, Fusebill now captures the county information directly from Avalara and makes it available in the Taxes Payable CSV download as well as the CSV downloads for Subscriptions by Plan and Subscriptions by Product. (Note, this information is not visible anywhere else in the UI where addresses are displayed; it is captured only for tax reporting purposes.)
New API - Bulk Update Calls for Tracked Items
API integrators can now greatly improve the efficiency of their applications by using bulk operations to create/edit/update lists of tracked items.
Small Updates and Enhancements
In addition to the major features, we are always working on small enhancements to hopefully make your Fusebill experience that much better. Here's what's new this release:
- You can now choose to use the customer's shipping address when calculating taxes rather than their billing address. See Customer Properties: Addresses for more information. There is both an Account setting and a Customer override for this feature.
- When a customer unsuspends, or is brought off of "Hold" status, you can now choose to charge the full amount for the current period without pro-ration, regardless of the pro-rate settings on the underlying charge(s). See Customer Properties: Billing Settings for more information.
- Singapore dollars (SGD) and Hong Kong dollars (HKD) are now supported in the list of currencies you can choose for pricing. (Note that your underlying gateway must support billing in these currencies.)
Maintenance Notice - TLS Upgrade
The Fusebill system now supports TLS 1.1 and 1.2 across the platform.
TLS 1.0 will continue to be supported at this time, but support for this older version is being phased out over the next few weeks, at which time older systems, browsers, and integration platforms may no longer function.
You will receive advance notice of when the support for 1.0 will be removed but you are advised to ensure your systems are 1.1+ compatible as soon as possible to avoid any service unavailability.
#19112: Salesforce bulk synch timeout occurred
#19267: Subscriptions by product report does not include Subscription status; cannot filter out draft Subscriptions
#19577, #19949, #19961: Posted Invoices screen times out or is extremely slow to load
#19601: Subscription Updater - Add Product list should not include deleted products
#19699: Extraneous email payment notifications generated on each payment when multiple invoices are being paid off
#19716: Invoices layout preview not showing phone # and email on preview though they are included in the actual invoice
#19700: Coupons should not be applied to deleted products
#19688: Credit applied to invoice was not reversed properly back to same invoice
#19836: Customer advanced search not working consistently for created date