Subscription Product Editor New UI!
Last release, we introduced the new "inline editing" functionality for the Subscription Product editor grid. With this release, we extend that functionality to include all of the editing functions in an "accordion" view below each product's line. This vastly reduces the time it takes to edit and configure multiple products before you activate a subscription. Read all about the new interface at the help link below!
Updated Customer Grid UI
The Customer Grid now splits the customer list between three new tabs: Current, New, and Cancelled. There is also an All tab for those who prefer to view their entire customer list in one place. Counts for each tab are included, and the search functions will update each tab with results.
New Invoice Statuses "Void" and "Written Off"
Two new invoice statuses have been introduced for specific billing situations. Invoices which have had all of their charges reversed, leaving a $0 balance owing, will now be shown as status "Void". Invoices which have had all of their charges written off as uncollectable debts will now be shown as status "Written Off". There are some circumstances with partial reversals and write-offs to consider as well. Read more at the help link below.
Pro-Rate (or Remove Pro-Rate) on Invoices
You can now choose to pro-rate, or remove pro-ration, from individual line items on a draft invoice. This can be done regardless of whether the charge was configured to allow pro-ration in the Plan, providing you greater control over specific invoices in special circumstances.
New Payment Refund Email Template
There is a new email template which can be configured to be sent to your customers when a refund is processed.
Self-Service Portal Enhancements
We've added a few new capabilities to the Self-Service Portal, which can be configured upon request to Fusebill Support:
- You can now configure which payment type should be the default for your portal - Credit Card, ACH, or PayPal (if configured). This is an account-wide setting but will fall back to credit card if no ACH or PayPal gateway is configured.
- Customers can now make a one-time payment directly from their invoice in the SSP.
- The SSP now considers whether a payment schedule has been configured when calculating the amount to collect on an outstanding balance. It no longer includes future payment schedule amounts.
Small Updates and Enhancements
In addition to the major features, we are always working on small enhancements to hopefully make your Fusebill experience that much better. Here's what's new this release:
- The Projected Invoice view in the Financial Calendar now shows 3 new fields: Net Terms, Payment Method, and Auto-Post (on/off) to help you understand when the funds will be collected for those invoices.
- The Product dropdown in the Add Purchase screen for Purchases has been updated to display the product code and type as well as the name; products are now sorted alphabetically by name, and the dropdown has been made wider for better visibility.
- Plans with multiple frequencies will now show those frequencies in order of granularity wherever they are displayed; e.g. 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 year, etc.
- You can now upload a default company logo which can be referenced in all of your invoice and email templates using the new merge point %Account.Logo%.
- We have re-arranged the columns in the Posted Invoices screen at the Account level for increased readability. The changes include:
- Addition of the Company Name and Customer Name fields
- Removal of the Effective Date field (which is always the same as the Posted Date field)
- Consolidated the Payments, Credit Notes, and Write Offs columns into a single "Adjustments" column with a pop-up to show details
- Tax consequences of a change of address are now calculated for draft invoices, not just at time of posting.
- Fusebill can now store company names up to 255 characters in length.
#16906: "@" symbol in merge fields can cause issues in hosted pages
#17061: Minor formatting issue on Active Sub Invoice preview
#17458: "Ghost" buttons can appear over top tabs making them inoperable (Firefox browsers only)
#17483: After session timeout sometimes the login does not work
#17656: Customer quick search for Payment Method = "Missing" returns a different number of results than the same CSV download
#17667: On smaller displays sometimes the pop-up windows are cut off so buttons can't be clicked
#17672: Draft Purchase on a Draft Invoice was in "Ready" state - should have been in "Pending" state
#17710: Days until suspension different in customer grid vs customer overview
#17941: GET /v1/Customers/[xxxx]/Invoices doesn't return the same service dates as GET /v1/Invoices/[xxxx]