Address Verification: Yes
CVV Verification: Yes
Electronic Check: No
Fusebill currently supports Chase Orbital Stratus, Chase Orbital Salem and Chase Orbital Tampa (when using Tampa, please contact Fusebill support)
(note: Chase Tandem and Tampa platforms are not supported)
As a prerequisite, you will need to reach out to your representative at Chase and request to link your merchant account with Fusebill's submitter ID.
Fusebill's Submitter ID: 380356 (Confirm with Chase Orbital that this has been linked to your Chase Merchant ID)
The Test Card Data information may work with your Gateway in Developer mode. If not, you will need to reach out to your processor for that information.
Setting up Gateway
Chase Paymentech gateway configuration in Fusebill requires 5 identifiers to set up:
Login to Orbital Virtual Terminal @ merchantservices.chase.com
- Orbital Connection UserName
- Orbital Connection Password
Note: If your company is Certified on Chase Orbital then populate your username and password. If you are using Fusebill's Certification and SubmitterID attached to your MerchantID, then leave UserName and Password blank.
- Merchant ID
- Terminal ID
Chase Orbital Tech support line: (800) 254-9556
Ask to white label the following IP addresses;
BIN 000001 = Orbital Salem/Stratus
BIN 000002 = Orbital Tampa
If you are receiving the following error when attempting to add a credit card to a customer in Fusebill (Chase gateway error: 99001 Decline error) please contact Fusebill support and ask them to add your Fusebill account to the Orbital Tampa certification.
Developer Mode - Toggle this mode if you are testing your Paymentech system and do not want the transactions to process. Note: The Fusebill system will still interpret these results as successful and you will need to refund transactions in order to maintain proper ledger balances.
You also have the options of where to store & use the credit cards:
- Store Credit Cards in Fusebill Vault
- If set to On, a copy of the credit card number will be stored in Fusebill's vault. You can choose to store a copy of this number in Fusebill's vault even if you also choose to store them in Chase's vault (see below).
- If set to Off, the credit cards are only stored in Chase's vault and Fusebill will use a unique token to retrieve the card number at the time of payment.
- Store Credit Cards in Chase Vault
- If set to On, Fusebill will use the credit card number stored in Chase's vault at the time of payment. Use this option if you would like to use Chase's credit card auto-updater feature, which will automatically attempt to update credit card numbers with the credit card vendors.
- If set to Off, Fusebill will store the credit card number in our own vault and this is the number that will be used at the time of payment.
Note: If you use Chase Tokens ("Store in Chase Vault"), then it is possible that the credit card number stored in the Fusebill vault will become out of date if the credit card updater feature is used. There is no billing consequence to this option since the Chase credit card number will always be the most up to date; however, it is possible that the masked number shown in the Fusebill UI could be out of date.