Reversals are completed via posted invoices. The reversal options allow you to credit back a full or partial credit to the customer based on a subscription(s) or product(s). Once a reversal is completed, you have the option to Refund the credit or leave it on the customer's account for their next purchase.
Note: A Reverse Charge action does not automatically process a refund of those charges to the customer's credit card or bank account. You must specifically go and refund the money after the charge has been reversed if that's what you need to do. See How do I Do a Refund for more information.
To reverse transactions:
- From Customer options, go to Posted Invoices.
- Locate the invoice you need and click on Details.
- From Invoice, choose the item you want to provide a credit for.
- Click on Reverse. If you want to reverse all charges on an Invoice, you can also use the Reverse All Charges button at the bottom.
- In the Reverse Charge popup, choose one of the following options.
- Reverse the full charge.
- Reverse only the unearned amount.
- Reverse a specific amount
Once the reversal has been completed, the reversed funds will be into Available Funds and Balance.
The invoice will be updated to include a new field in the totals sections called Credit notes.
- At this point, you can leave the credited money in Available Funds, to be used on next purchase, or Refund the money back to the Customer.
If there is more than one non-zero line item on your invoice, you will see a Reverse All Charges button on the bottom of the invoice. You can click this button to automatically reverse all of the non-zero charges, and at the same time decide what to do with the earnings on those charges. The end result of this button is the same as if you were to click each Reverse button individually on the invoice. You can also enter a Reference string which will be applied to all of the reversals.
Remember, the Reverse All Charges button does NOT automatically refund the amount(s) to the customer's credit card or bank account. You must specifically do that after the reversals have been completed. See How Do I Do a Refund for more information.