Using Tracking and Reference Codes
Tracking Data contains Fusebill Tracking and Reference code information. The information entered on this page relates specifically to the Customer you are viewing.
To access tracking data:
- On the Customer section of the Customer Overview page, click Tracking near the button of the section.
- Enter the data for Sales Tracking, Reference and Tracking Data.
- Click Save.
- Sales Tracking Codes allows you to assign Tracking Codes at the Customer level. Tracking Codes need to be configured prior to adding to Customers. For additional information, see Adding Sales Tracking Codes to Customers (below).
- Reference Data allows you to use up to 3 reference fields to store information that might need to be passed between Fusebill and other systems. These fields are free-form text fields (i.e. they do not have a data type). For additional information, see Entering Reference and Tracking Data (below).
- Tracking Data, also known as Google Analytics, provides you with some specific marketing/campaign tracking fields. Again, they are free-form text fields and can be used for whatever information you would like to capture to perform marketing campaign analysis (A/B testing, etc.) For additional information, see Adding Sales Tracking Codes to Customers (below).
- If you are using the Salesforce Integration, you will also see the customer's Salesforce ID as a read-only field on this screen.
- If the record is not yet linked to Salesforce, click Link to link it.
- If you wish to disable the synchronization of this record to Salesforce, click Disable Synch. Note that this will have the effect of removing all Fusebill-specific information from the record in Salesforce and no further updates will be performed.
- You can Resynch on demand by clicking the Resync button.
Tip: If you want to unlink a record from Salesforce, we recommend that you disable the synchronization for this record before clicking unlink. Otherwise, the record will be unlinked from Salesforce and a new Salesforce record immediately created for this customer because the Fusebill plug-in will pick it up and treat it like a new record.
Information entered into Tracking Data is included, by default, in the Customer Download file.
Sales Tracking Codes and Reference fields can be included in all Reports if you select Include Full Customer Details under Options for each type.
See also: Configuring Sales Tracking Codes