The audit log report is available to Administrators or anyone with specific permissions to view it. It contains a time-based log of many different types of activity occurring in the Fusebill system.
Note: This report is not available to Limited Agents.
The audit log provides a comprehensive log entry of numerous categories and can be used to view a number of sources and entries for audit. The following are a small subset of auditable entries:
- User login/logout activity - who logged in and when.
- Customer status changes - for example when a customer is moved from Active to Suspended status due to a failed payment.
- Account Billing Settings changes - account defaults for Net terms, Auto-Post/Auto-Collect, and so on.
- Customer Billing Settings changes - any overrides or changes to these settings at a customer level.
- Account Email Settings - changes to email configuration, modifications to a template, etc. (Note, the actual deltas to an email template itself are not recorded; only the fact that the template was modified, by whom, and when.)
- Customer Email Settings - equivalent customer overrides on these settings.
- Customer Accounting Status changes
You can sort by a specific column name, export the contents to CSV, and change pagination controls. You can also use the filters at the top of the screen to narrow your search down by various elements.
|Log ID||Unique identifier of each log entry|
|Date/Time||Date & Time of each log entry|
|Fusebill ID||If the Entity is an object with a Fusebill ID (e.g. Customer), it is recorded here. Click on the link to open the customer record. The pop-up shows you some brief details about the customer.|
The type of log entry that generated the entry:
|Entity||The object within the Category for which the audit log was recorded|
|Entity Value||Where applicable, the value of the entity that was changed or accessed|
|Action||The action that was taken on the entity|
|Result||The result of the action taken (Disable/Failed/Locked/Success)|
Where the action originated from that generated the entry:
For actions associated with a specific user, the person's username will be recorded here.
Note that the special user name "Fusebill Support" will be shown if a Fusebill Support representative has logged in to assist with a problem or has taken action on your behalf.
|Actions||If there is more detail for an event, click the Details button.|
Viewing Audit Details
For some types of audit log events, you can click the Details button at the right of the list to see which fields were changed and what their old and new values are. In the example below, you can see that the Credit Card Expiry email was changed on March 7 at 3:11 pm and that the user email@example.com made changes to the MarkDownBody (the body of the email template) and changed the account setting for this email from Off to On.
Different types of events will have different sets of fields in this list. If there are no additional details for an event, the Details button will not be shown.