Fusebill's QuickBooks Online (QBO) integration provides one-way synchronization of data from Fusebill to QuickBooks. It synchronizes the following items:
- Charge Reversals
In order to use the integration, it must be turned on in your account. Contact Fusebill Support to enabled QBO on your account if it has not already been enabled. If you go to Setting > Integrations > QuickBooks Online, and see this image, you will need to contact Support.
Some notes about the integration:
- Fusebill synchronizes each customer record individually, along with its invoices, payments, and so on.
- Each invoice is synchronized to a single line item called "Fusebill Charges"; Fusebill does not synchronize individual charges/products at this time.
- During configuration, you can choose each ledger with which Fusebill will synchronize its entities. You can use these ledgers in QuickBooks to easily find and manage Fusebill entities and combine them with other items you may already have in QuickBooks.
- Fusebill does not automatically manage earned revenue. When an invoice is synchronized, its entire value (net of taxes) is placed in your chosen Deferred Revenue Ledger. You can use Fusebill's reports to retrieve a total earned revenue at the end of each month which you can then enter manually as a journal entry in QuickBooks if you wish.
- If you connect and then fully disconnect a QuickBooks account with Fusebill, all of Fusebill's links to entities in the QuickBooks instance will be removed. If you then reconnect the account, these entities may be re-synchronized (depending on your options) back to QuickBooks, thus possibly creating duplicates. The connect/disconnect workflow should, therefore, be used with extreme caution and should only typically be used if you wish to completely disable the Fusebill integration from QuickBooks Online.
Note: Fusebill strongly recommends that you set up the integration in a sandbox-to-sandbox environment before you enable it in production. You will need to create your own sandbox for QuickBooks Online, which can then be connected to your Fusebill sandbox in our Staging environment. Fusebill does not provide data import services into your sandbox; it is your responsibility to create a representative sample of records for testing purposes.