Access to your configured Self Service Portal requires a unique URL that is linked to your Fusebill account. For customers to access the Self Service Portal, they require a unique Username and Password to login into the site.
With the release of the Customer Self Service Portal, two additional email types were created:
- Customer Credential Create which includes a link to allow your customers the ability to setup their own Username and Password
- Customer Credential Password Reset which allows a customer to reset their password.
Note: Both email notifications utilize the email address stored inthe Primary Email Address field under the Customer. If using "Create Credential" or "Forgot Password" prompt, the Password Reset email will be sent to the email in this field. If there are multiple address in this field, all will receive the notifications.
Setting up customers to access to the Customer Self Service Portal varies depending on whether the customer is new or existing. While both methods use the same Email Notifications, the method for getting the email to the customer differs.
Under Settings, Email Notifications enable the Customer Credential Create email and the Customer Credential Password email. This will automatically send the Customer Credential Create email to any new customers setup on Fusebill.
The Customer Credential Create email includes a Billing Portal Setup Link, that once clicked on by your customer, takes them to a Login page, where they can enter their Username and Password. As Username needs to be unique, the system will prompt them if the one they chose is already in use.
The process for existing customers differs from the new customer process. As the customer already exists on the system, you will need push the Customer Credential Create email to them.
To determine if a customer is already configured on the system, you will need to see if their Self Service Portal User name field is populated.
- Open a customer, and you will be on the Customer Dashboard
- Click on PORTAL in the panel shown above.
- Do one of the following:
- If the Username field is populated, and the customer has setup their portal access, your only option will be to Send Reset Password Email.
- You may also update a customers Username from this screen. Enter the new Username in the username field and click Update.
You may also delete the current Username by clicking on Delete. This will change the Send Reset Password Email option to Send Create Credentials Email and allow the user to setup a new Username and Password. This is commonly used when the billing contact changes and a new person takes over that responsibility.
- If the field is populated but the customer has not yet setup their portal access, your only option will be to click on Send Create Credentials Email.
If the name is populated but the password has not been set, you can clear the information, or enter in another Username and click Update.
- If the field is empty, your only option will be to click on Send Create Credential Email.
You can create the Username yourself but will need to provide this information to your customer. To do this enter the Username you want for that customer and click Update.