Charges can be reversed while viewing a Posted Invoice. Posted Invoices can be reached from either the Customer tab (to see invoices relating to a specific customer) or the Invoices tab.
- Find the Invoice you need to modify.
- Click Details to view the invoice.
- The invoice will open. Find the line item on the invoice that you need to modify. Click on Reverse.
- The Reverse Charge options box will open. Choose the appropriate action. Click on Reverse.
- After reversing a charge, the line item will remain on the invoice and the amount reversed amount will appear in the Credit notes section below. If the full amount was reversed, the Reverse button will no longer be available. If a partial amount was reversed, the button is still available if further reversals are required.
Please note that reversing the charge does not return any money to a customer's credit card. See Do a Refund for information on refunding a customer.