Refunding money back to a customer is a two step process. You need to ensure that you have credited their account for the refund amount, either by doing a reversal on the erroneous invoice or by creating a Credit Note. If you do not perform this function, when you create the Refund, the system will add the outstanding amount back to the Balance and depending on how you have configured your Terms and/or Grace Period, the refunded money will attempt to recollect. See Reverse a charge and Credits Overview for additional information.
- Find the Payment entry that relates to the Payment you need to apply the Refund against. Click on Details.
- Click on Refunds to open the Create refund page.
- In the Amount box enter the amount to be Refunded.
- In the Reference box, enter a description or reason for the refund. This is not mandatory but may help you remember why the refund was given at a later date.
- Modify the original payment related to a single invoice, the amount entered in the Amount box should be reflected in the Refund Allocation box for the associated invoice.
- Click Create.
- If Refund is successful you will receive the following: