Refunding money back to a customer is a two-step process. You need to ensure that you have credited their account for the refund amount, either by doing a reversal on the erroneous invoice or by creating a Credit Note. If you do not perform this function, when you create the Refund, the system will add the outstanding amount back to the Balance and depending on how you have configured your Terms and/or Grace Period, the refunded money will attempt to recollect. See Reverse a charge and Credits Overview for additional information.
- On the Customer Overview page, in the Payment section, click Manage.
- Find the Payment entry that relates to the Payment you need to apply the Refund and click Details.
- Click Refund to open the Create Refund page.
- In the Amount box enter the amount to be refunded.
- Optional: In the Reference box, enter a description or reason for the refund.
- Enter the amount to be refunded in the Refund allocation field.
- Click Create.