To collect a manual payment:
- In Fusebill, navigate to a customer overview page by clicking on a customer from the Customer view.
- From the Customer Overview, in the Accounting or Financials table, click Add Payment.
Choose a payment method. The default payment method is indicated by a checkmark. Selecting the One-Time Use Only credit card does not save the credit card information and does not validate the payment before processing to accommodate one time use cards.
Note: If your account is using Hierarchy, both the child's and the parent's payment methods will be available on this screen. The Parent's payment methods are indicated by the small icon to the left of the button.
- Enter the Amount of the payment.
- Optional: Enter a reference ID in the Reference field. This can be an internal tracking code from your own financial systems or any other ID used to reconcile this payment with another system.
The list of outstanding invoices is displayed in the Payment Allocation grid. You can choose how much of the payment to apply to each invoice. The amount remaining after the payment is shown as "Unallocated amount $x.xx" at the bottom right of the screen.
Note: The total amount of all allocations must match the amount in the Amount box; otherwise the Create payment action will not proceed.
- Click Save to create the payment.