- To add a manual payment, click Add a Payment.
- The default payment is indicated by the checkmark ().
Choose whether the payment was made with a credit card, cash, ACH, direct deposit, or PayPal (if configured).
Note: If your account is using Hierarchy, both the child's and the parent's payment methods will be available on this screen. The Parent's payment methods are indicated by the small icon to the left of the button.
- Enter the Amount of the payment.
- Enter a reference ID in the Reference field if you wish. This can be an internal tracking code from your own financial systems or any other ID used to reconcile this payment with another system.
The list of outstanding invoices is displayed in the Payment Allocation grid. You can choose how much of the payment to apply to each invoice. The amount remaining after the payment is shown as "Unallocated amount $x.xx" at the bottom right of the screen. If you want to see the Invoice details for any outstanding invoice, click the Details button.
Note: The total amount of all allocations must match the amount in the Amount box; otherwise the Create payment action will not proceed.
- Click Create to create the payment.