To create a new subscription, click the Add Subscription button.
From here, you are presented with the subscription creation screen.
Select the desired plan and frequency at minimum.
While on this page, various other components of the subscription's early setup can be modified.
- Scheduled Activation allows you to set the Plan to activate on a future date. When clicked, a calendar will appear that allows you to choose when you want the subscription and associated products to activate (charge).
- Set Expiry allows you set to the number of periods after which the subscription expires, and a default renewal extension.
- Set the Number of Periods the Plan should be in an active state. For example, if you have a monthly Plan that is contracted for 1 Year, you would enter 12 for the number of periods whereas for an annual plan you would enter a 1.
- The Default Renewal Extension is the number of periods that the subscription will be extended by if a customer renews their subscription themselves (see Expiry Management with the Customer Self-Serve Portal), or if an Agent uses the Push Expiry button. Some common examples:
- Initial term is for 12 months and the customer can renew for an additional 12 months.
- Initial term is for 3 years, renewal term is for 1 year.
- Initial term is for 12 months, renewal term is for 3 months.
Note: Both settings must refer to the same type of frequency, and are expressed in the frequency of the current subscription. You cannot, for example, set an initial term of 1 year and a renewal term of 3 months. Instead, you would set them for 12 months and 3 months.
- The Push Out Expiry button (which only appears on Active Subscriptions) extends the expiry by the Default Renewal Extension value at the bottom. You can also edit both of these numbers to override the defaults.
- If no expiry is set the subscription will be "evergreen" and continue until canceled.
If needed, enter the Contract Start and Contract End dates.
Note: These fields have no specific function in Fusebill; they are for reference purposes only.
- Assign Coupon allows you to enter a predefined coupon code. You will get a pop-up that allows you to choose a coupon from among those that are applicable to this Plan.
Note: The subscription will be in a Draft status until you activate it by clicking Activate. This allows you to review and make changes before finalizing the subscription details.
This will bring you back to the customer's Subscription list with the new, draft subscription highlighted:
Activating the Subscription:
If this is the first subscription of a customer, it will activate or be set to provisioning when the customer is activated.
If this is a new subscription on an already active customer activation can be set to provision or activated from the customer's subscriptions list.