In Fusebill, custom fields are data fields which you can add to Plans and Products in Plans. These fields allow you to store custom information or data inside the Fusebill platform which can be used to connect Fusebill with other systems in your organization. They can also be used to provide extra reporting information out of Fusebill to be input into other platforms (available only through Fusebill Customer Support).
Custom Fields are Key/Value pairs and contain a "Friendly Name", a "Key" and a "Value". Each field must specify one of three data types: Text, Number, or DateTime.
Once a field has been created, its data type cannot be changed.
- Click Add a Custom Field to create a new custom field. The fields you specify are as follows:
- Friendly Name is a human-readable name to remind you of the purpose of the field when configuring it on Subscriptions or Products.
- The Key is a unique identifier that can be used in API calls to set values on custom fields. This is a very useful feature because it allows you to store arbitrary or business-specific information in Fusebill and then use that information to keep track of data in your other business systems.
- The Data Type is one of String, Number, or DateTime.
- Click Create to create the new field. (You will assign values to the fields when you use them on a Subscription or Product).
Note: You cannot create, edit or delete the Custom Fields themselves via the Fusebill API - you can only reference and manipulate their values.