Follow the steps below to create a new Product in your Catalog.
- Click Catalog on Main Tab menu.
- Click on Products from the Catalog menu.
- To create a new Product, click on Create product.
- Enter Product name. Product Name and Description are text fields which appear on invoices.
- The Code is a unique identifier that Fusebill uses to identify the product, even if the Name changes. Fusebill generates a default code based on the product name, which you can change modify with your own code (internal part number or SKU).
- Enter Description if needed.
- Enter Product Type. Options are:
Type Example Revenue Recognition Recurrence Recurring Service Subscription Over subscription period Recurs One-time Charge Training service Immediately or configure custom period Does not recur Physical Good Mobile phone, security camera Immediately Does not recur
- You can also specify if this product is Tax Exempt by checking the Tax Exempt box.
- If you have configured General Ledger (GL) Codes in your Fusebill environment, you can assign a GL code to this product by selecting it from the dropdown on this page.
- The Price Product option comes into play if you are offering your One-time or Physical goods to be sold outside of Plans. For more details on setting up products to be purchased outside of a Plan, see Purchase Products Outside of Plan for more detail.