Fusebill’s Salesforce Integration provides two-way synchronization. New customers created in Fusebill are automatically sent to Salesforce with Fusebill account fields and subscription data. Information for existing customers such as status, balance, subscriptions, invoices, and purchases are synchronized between Fusebill and Salesforce.
In addition, when customers and subscriptions are created in Salesforce, the catalog and price books are auto-populated by Fusebill. When the sale is created, Salesforce pushes the data to Fusebill to create new billing entities in Fusebill. This is called using Salesforce like a doorway.
You will need the following:
- Administrative access to a Salesforce account with API access (Salesforce Enterprise or Salesforce Professional with API add-on).
- Administrator Access with permissions to settings to the Fusebill account.
- Identify whether you will be setting up with a Salesforce Sandbox or Production account.
Please contact support to assist with connecting Salesforce to a Fusebill staging (stg-admin.fusebill.com) account. Fusebill sandbox accounts (admin.fusebill.com) do not require this assistance.
- Open the in a web browser and enter your Salesforce login credentials. You may want to consider creating an account that is used exclusively for the integration to make it easier to identify changes made by the integration (versus other Salesforce users within your company).
- Open the in a second browser tab and enter your Fusebill login credentials.
- In Fusebill, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce.
- If Salesforce integration has been enabled for your Fusebill account, click Create Salesforce Integration. Note: If you see a message directing you to contact Fusebill Support, your Salesforce Integration is not enabled for your account. It is possible that your Fusebill agreement does not include the Salesforce plug-in. You will need to contact Fusebill Support ( ) or Fusebill Sales ( ) for more information.
- The Salesforce Integration Setup page appears. Click Download.
- In the Install Fusebill page, select the group that should have access to the installed Fusebill custom objects and components. For most integrations, select Install for All Users.
- Select the checkbox to acknowledge that you are installing a Non-Salesforce Application not authorized for distribution, then click Install.
- In the Approve Third-Party pop-up window, select the SSL Encrypted checkbox and click Continue.
- In the Installation Complete window, click Done.
Note: Installation could take a few minutes to finish.
Fusebill should now appear in the list of installed packages in the Salesforce Setup (Setup>Platform Tools: Apps>Packaging>Installed Packages).
Authorize Fusebill to Access the Salesforce Account
- In Fusebill, navigate to Settings>Integrations>Salesforce; click Authorize.
- On the Fusebill Allow Access page, review the information and click Allow.
Synchronize the Fusebill Catalog to the Salesforce Account
If you intend to use the salesforce plugin like a doorway to allow for the automatic creation of customers from Salesforce to Fusebill, you will need to sync your Fusebill catalog with salesforce.
When you synchronize your catalog, the catalog will be pushed to Salesforce. Please note that this could take time depending on the number of products and plans associated with your account.
- In Fusebill, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce and click Synchronize.
When synchronization is complete, a confirmation pop-up window opens. Click Close.Data will now be continuously synched in real-time.
Note: If you click Skip, you can turn synchronization on by navigating to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce. In the Configure section, under Fusebill catalog synchronization with Salesforce, toggle Synchronization to ON.
You can change the Default Account Type at any time to be Company or Person - this changes what Fusebill sets as an Account name in Salesforce when a new account is created automatically.
"Person" will send the First and Last name of the customer in Fusebill as the company name. "Company" will send the Company Name in Fusebill as the company to Salesforce.
You can also Deactivate and/or Revoke Authorization for the Salesforce plug-in on this screen. "Deactivate" stops many of the events from sending additional information to Salesforce. "Revoke Authorization" will remove Fusebill's permission to send information to Salesforce, this will also prompt you on whether or not you want to purge all the Salesforce IDs from entities in Fusebill.
Note: Images depicted are valid as of March 2, 2021.