Fusebill supports the configuration of parent/child relationships between your customer records, as well as certain billing and payment functions within those relationships.
Your Fusebill account must be specifically configured to allow for parent/child relationships. If you wish to discuss enabling hierarchy in your Fusebill account, please contact support.
Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding whether to implement hierarchy in your Fusebill account.
- Once enabled on a Fusebill account, it cannot be disabled. This is due to the complex relationships that will be tracked between customers in Fusebill, particularly related to billing and accounting functions.
- Every child customer has full access to all of its parent's payment methods. There is no granular permission/assignment capability to only make certain payment methods available to certain children.
- Manual payments with parent payment methods and automatic payments/auto-collection using parent payment methods are supported.
- Each invoice for a child account will be processed separately on the parent's payment method.
- Parent information is currently available in the Customer CSV download and Parental Statements can be run on Parent customers to get a listing of activity across all children.