Fusebill supports the configuration of parent/child relationships between your customer records, as well as certain billing and payment functions within those relationships.
Your Fusebill account must be specifically configured to allow for parent/child relationships. If you wish to discuss enabling hierarchy in your Fusebill account, please contact Fusebill Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding whether to implement hierarchy in your Fusebill account.
- Once enabled on a Fusebill account, it cannot be disabled. This is due to the complex relationships that will be tracked between customers in Fusebill, particularly related to billing and accounting functions.
- Every child customer has full access to all of its parent's payment methods. There is no granular permission/assignment capability to only make certain payment methods available to certain children.
- Currently only manual payments with parent payment methods are supported. Future releases will support the ability to set up automatic payments/auto-collection using parent payment methods.
- Each invoice for a child account will be processed separately on the parent's payment method. Future releases will support the ability to group these up into a single payment for all child accounts on a specific day.
- Parent information is currently available in the Customer CSV download but is not available in the other reports. We expect to add parent ID columns to additional CSV reports in an upcoming release.